Sunday, August 21, 2011
It looks innocent enough, but this connector drove me crazy for days trying to find an intermittent receive issue on the APRS Igate and Digipeater I was building. TX would always work but every time I moved the setup to the tower site ( I did this more than once !) I would not be able to convince the digi to receive. I blamed the MFJ TNC for dropping out of KISS mode. I even got to the point of considering burning a new Eprom. Eventually I found the problem. The connection between the Tip and the solder tag for the Tip was loose. After lots of cursing the plug was replaced.
It is easy to overlook the obvious and blame something else !
Posted by Andrew Pepper at 2:56 PM